Protected Learning Time
We will be closed one afternoon each month to provide the practice with protected time for training.
Birbeck Medical Group will close at 1pm on the following dates:
15th July 2021
15th September 2021
14th October 2021
17th November 2021
Out of Hours Services
When your GP practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialling 111. All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
What is the NHS 111 service?
- A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet their needs, taking into account their location, the time of day of their call, and the capacity of local services.
- When should I use the NHS 111 service?
- When it’s not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999 call.
- When visiting your own GP isn’t an option, for instance, when the GP Practice is closed or you are away from home.
- When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require.
- When you require reassurance about what to do next.